Day 42: Pantanal


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Pantanal
June 9th 2011
Published: June 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This morning we were all pretty tired because it was quite a long night with people snoring, lots of mossies...and bats! They were only small but there were quite a few of them living in the roof and flew around the ceiling all night. After breakfast, which was really average and consisted of stale rolls and watermelon, we got set up to go horseriding. We went riding for about 2 ½ hours around the Pantanal, through swamps and trees. Alot of the time we were having to guide our horses around branches etc so that we didn’t get stuck. About halfway through one of the guys in our group rode pas a wasps nest and the wasps stung two people and the horses started to go crazy. Luckily we were a bit further back so we turned around and went around a different way.

Lunch was exactly the same as lunch and dinner the day before, which didn’t excite us too much! In the afternoon it started raining so alot of us had a bit of a siesta in our hammocks.

Once the rain stopped some of us decided to go for a walk for a few hours with one of our guides. We saw howler monkeys and lots of different birds. Nothing too exciting but was something to do. We had to walk through thigh high swamp for a lot of the walk. We were extremely wet and stinky by the time we returned!!

After dinner, the 4th meal in a row of the same food, we played a few card games and sat around the bonfire, then we all got another relatively early night because we were getting up early to go piranha fishing in the morning!



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb