Bonito


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Pantanal
June 22nd 2008
Published: July 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ready for some CavesReady for some CavesReady for some Caves

Do you like our new hats?
After freezing our asses off in the Pantanal we got a minibus for six of us to Bonito.
Bonito is a small town on the edge of the Pantanal about 6 hours drive from where we were. The road turns into a dirt track for about half the journey so we had to endure some bumpy parts.

On arrival in the Hostel, first thing we all looked for were hot showers, we didn't smell that bad but four days without any kind of shower made us feel like the backpackers that we are.
The hostel is really nice in Bonito, great friendly staff and a nice area to be in. The weather was still cold and we hadn't warmed up at all since the Pantanal, so you can imagine our disappointment when the showers were below luke warm (expect for the jammy Claire).

We only spent two nights in Bonito, it was more of a stop off after the Pantanal trip. Bonito is a small sleepy town with a cowboy atmosphere about it. This might be due to the fact that many of the males were wearing ponchos, large buckled leather belts, leather boots and cowboy hats. The town does have snorkeling and other water adventures but we thought it was too cold to do these.
We went to visit a underground lake in a deep cave, which is well worth a trip. You hike down over 300 steps with a guide and get to wear some nice hats (think Kevo and Anto are still wearing theirs).

Bonito in the summer would be definitely worth a visit.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Hi HostelHi Hostel
Hi Hostel

Very nice outdoor and pool area, shame it was too cold to enjoy it.
Chilli out areaChilli out area
Chilli out area

Claire enjoying the chill out area of the hostel.
Banana TreeBanana Tree
Banana Tree

These were growing outside our room in the Hostel.
Claire and the TucanClaire and the Tucan
Claire and the Tucan

We swear Claire didnt get eaten by the Tucan.
Claire and KevClaire and Kev
Claire and Kev

Do you like our new hair cuts?
Claire and CiaraClaire and Ciara
Claire and Ciara

The Dinnerladies
KevoKevo
Kevo

We had to do something to cover his mop!!
AntoAnto
Anto

He wears that hat everytime he gets into the shower now.
Blue under water lake Blue under water lake
Blue under water lake

The Lake is 75mts deep.
Optical IllusionOptical Illusion
Optical Illusion

The water is not blue, it just looks like that.


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb