a paradise lost... to tourism


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Ceará
November 26th 2006
Published: December 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Canoa Qebrada

26th November- 27th November



A quiet fishing village perched between white dunes and sienna ocean cliffs...postcard perfect!





I came her expecting secluded and quiet town, but found another tourist trap. filled with pousadas, restaurants, and tourist shops.





However, there was a reason for that...it was indeed beautiful. i took a run along the beach and was puffed out by the time i covered the whole territory of the multicoloured cliffs!





at night, i descended down to the beach for your woo-hoo regular beach party at a reggae bar belting out bob marley tunes, whilst everyone drank and partied around the fire. met some brazilians who were generous with their alcohol...and quite open...telling me to go for their female cousin..just too strange!!!! hahaha ...plus im not a fan of braces. it seems to be the local fashion. one out of four will have braces in this country..its almost a fashion statement!!!






Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

little cute boatslittle cute boats
little cute boats

you can find them everywhere along the beach..still dont know if they served a purpose, or are there for beautiful pics!
beach barsbeach bars
beach bars

you often get your feet wet as the tides run high....explains why the bars are on stilts!
almost liek being at ayres rock right???almost liek being at ayres rock right???
almost liek being at ayres rock right???

well...thats obviously wrong..especially since i havent even been to ayres rock!
the token parasols!the token parasols!
the token parasols!

they destroy alot of the brazilian beach beauty...but when the sun is so hot, you´re glad theyre there!


10th December 2006

wow
Ohhhh i so wanna go!!!!
13th March 2007

pictures
beautiful pics you take.....

Tot: 0.288s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 22; qc: 138; dbt: 0.2297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb