Closer To The Equator and Hot as Hell!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Ceará » Jericoacoara
January 20th 2009
Published: February 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Salvador, BrazilSalvador, BrazilSalvador, Brazil

Cooool breeeeze.....
I know I've been slacking on the blog entries. Sorry guys. Been traveling to quite a few beach towns and cities and I just haven't really taken many photos. Too busy exploring the places and swimming at the beaches. Plus, the internet connections haven't been the speediest, so uploading photos to this site takes forever. I'd rather be laying on the beach getting some rays and drinking some brews.

Here's the list of the towns and cities I've visited after Rio...with a brief summary:

1. Arraial d´Ajuda - Cool little town. Nice beach. Very Brazilian touristy.

2. Itacare - Very cool town. Lots of young folks my age. Parties in the streets. Great beaches. Lots of babes.

3. Salvador - Huge city. Noticed a lot of poor folk here. Small beaches, but cool to hang out and swim in. Lots of drumming in the streets. Parties in the historical downtown. Hot as hell!

4. Maceio - Nice city. More of a family vacation spot. Ok beaches.

5. Recife - Huge city. Lots of skyscrapers along the coastline....cool looking. Nice beaches. Plenty to do here. Very good transportation system. Met some crazy American Football fans from Brazil. Happy my Steelers won! One dude was a Ravens fan. ha ha

6. Natal - Ponta Negra - I actually stayed in Ponta Negra which is kind of a suburb of Natal. Awesome part of the city. Awesome beach! Took a sand buggy tour to lagoons, beaches, and sand dunes. Met some nice Sao Paulistanos. Good times.

7. Cumbuco - Originally were supposed to go to Fortaleza, but ended up in this town. Big kite surfing spot. Not much to the town. Probably one of the dirtiest beaches I´ve been to. It sucked. Couldn´t find our hostel. Felt like we were in the Twilight Zone.

8. Fortaleza - Finally made it to Fortaleza. Beaches are also dirty. Nothing special here just a big city. Met some cool travelers who I partied with. Mistakenly walked into a dance club full of hookers. Of course, I didn´t know they were hookers until Mischa (German dude) leans over to me and says, 'you know...98 percent of these women are hookers'. Me: 'What?!!' And here I was thinking that these women were totally checking me out because of my terribly handsome good looks. After looking around some more, I noticed he was right. Me: 'Well, what about the other 2 percent?' Mischa: 'They're trannies'. Me: 'That's it! Let's get the hell outta here!' We went over to a pirate bar instead where to my disappointment there were no pirates, and the band stunk. I couldn´t undertand a word they were singing. Oh yeah, I don´t speak Portuguese.

9. Jericoacoara - Very small beach town. Cool vibe. Nice beach...not great. Big sand dunes close to town. Easy to walk over to and sand board. Swam at lagoons close by. Met some cool travelers here. Ate fresh fish. Swallowed a fish bone by mistake which got stuck in my throat. Thought I was going to choke and die....in Brazil.

Top 10 reasons I love Brazil and its people:

10. They somehow don't make the use of the 'thumbs up´look dorky.

9. The Portuguese language (sounds cool to hear them speak it).

8. Good folks live here.

7. They like to cook meat...lots of it, and it's pretty damn good too. They have tons of all you can eat meat buffets called "churrascarias".

6. They eat cake for breakfast. CAKE!

5. It has plenty of
Jericoacoara, BrazilJericoacoara, BrazilJericoacoara, Brazil

It's a bird! It's a plane! No....it's a Mexican on a sand board! Orale!!!
beautiful beaches.

4. They make good beer.

3. You know that good beer I mentioned? Well, Brazilians also like to drink a lot of it at all times of the day. Hell yeah! These people like to par-tay.

2. They like Americas.

And the number 1 reason:
1. This country is full of babes.

miss the US of A.
alex



Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Itacare, BrazilItacare, Brazil
Itacare, Brazil

Crabs on a stick.
Salvador, BrazilSalvador, Brazil
Salvador, Brazil

Known as the "Lower City".
Salvador, BrazilSalvador, Brazil
Salvador, Brazil

Local paintings.
Salvador, BrazilSalvador, Brazil
Salvador, Brazil

Girls drumming in the streets. They were really good.
Salvador, BrazilSalvador, Brazil
Salvador, Brazil

Me following the party in the streets.
Salvador, BrazilSalvador, Brazil
Salvador, Brazil

The beach. Good hangout spot.
Recife, BrazilRecife, Brazil
Recife, Brazil

Obama supporters in Brazil?? Wow.


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb