Sucre ,Bolivia


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia
December 1st 2016
Published: December 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

What a lovely town . They call it the white city and it is true . Many of the buildings are whitewashed as are the walls that surround some of the buildings . It is a city built by the Spanish and has an amazing collection of churches ( which always seem to be locked ) grand government buildings and mansions of amazing proportions . The hotel we are in is one of those complete with a ballroom on the second floor . It is really nice . Today we had a free day to enjoy the city and I have . Sybil and I walked all over this morning and ended up at the cemetary which was a site to behold . Huge family and religous orders mausaleums as well as niches for individuals in the walls . Not sure what is in there but I think it is cremains or just an osiary . There isn´t room for anything else .

We are half a block from the Main Plaza so have been enjoying that space as well . Up from that is the main market with all the food goods and household items one requires. . Shops of hand crafted goods are scattered here and there and they do seem to offer the same goods. The atmosphere is very laid back . People are friendly and smile easily and not in a hurry to do something or be somewhere . Even the traffic moves with some ease. I haven´t seen many women in traditional dress here . Not sure why that would be but all seems quite western .

We are at 2700M and the air seems so rich . I think it is a break before we head to Potosi tommorrow . That will be our highest point at 5000 M ...yikes ! I shall definately have my coco leaves handy . From that point it will be downhill quite consistently .

Enough for now . I am using a computer in the lobby and must not occupy it to long.

Hope all is well . I understand some semblance of winter has arrived .

Good to hear from you .

Advertisement



1st December 2016

Glad your travels are going well. Sounds like a fantastic trip. I hope we are able to get together for coffee and pictures. Sad to hear about Judy!!!

Tot: 0.545s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.27s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb