Supporting the Local Economy


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Tarija Department » Tarija
October 30th 2022
Published: November 2nd 2022
Edit Blog Post

Bolivia is not the region you think of when it comes to wine, but they are slowly raising in the ranks. Their wine region is based on Tarija, where I am, almost to the border of Argentina.

For quite some time this region has produced small amounts of artisanal wine, as well as a distilled grape-based spirit known as Singani which is the national drink. But the wineries are slowly improving their techniques, increasing their productions and starting to win awards.

We visited a few small wineries and a distillery that makes Singani. While made from grapes it drinks like a lite vodka. Often it is served with 7-Up and limes.

We also tried a gin that they only make 4 bottles of a day. It was very smooth and lite. At only $20 USD a bottle I am bringing some home 😊

I learned that the effects of the protests in Santa Cruz are increasing. There is a shortage of food and fuel in the city. They have also shut some of the boarders for ground transportation. If an agreement is not reached soon they will look for other cities to increase their protests as well.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



2nd November 2022

Love traveling with you through your blog!!! Enjoy and thanks for sharing information on the countries.

Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0661s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb