Santa Cruz


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Santa Cruz Department » Santa Cruz
December 26th 2008
Published: December 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Russ and I took a 16 hours bus ride from Sucre east to Santa Cruz, the largest city in Bolivia. I eat a nasty soup before getting on the bus that had a chiken foot in it, not a nice meaty leg or anything, but a straight up foot with like the taloons and everything. This combined with an incredibly bumby, stuffy smelly buss ride made me feel really sick and I puked twice durring the ride, and I was kinda sick for the next couple days, but all good now. Santa Cruz is super hot casue it is smack in the middle of jungle and this city definetly has a lot of money like Sucre and I see the same political signs calling for succesion. We found an amazing hostal here in the city by talking to the Artiseans in the street. There is a huge artesean culture throughout south america, each artiseans work is unique and they always know the sweet spots to stay in town and they are always really cool people. the owner of this hostle is the coolest guy I think Ive met so far. he is insanely funny and has an amzing voice, and writes awsome songs. we all eat together and we threw a sick christmas party with a lot of music and barbique. Here in s.a. they celibrate christmas most the night of the 24 and mid night, we all went up on the terrace and the whole city was setting off fireworks, we bought a bunch too, which by the way are way more powerful then the ones to get in the states. they sound like bombs, and they are super cheap, of course. the roads have been blocked from landslides for the past couple of days, but when they clear up, russ and I head for semipata which is a small town 2 hours west that is soposidly super pretty with plenty of woods to explore, I look forward to a break from city life. Feliz Navidad y prospero ano a todos!

Advertisement



4th January 2009

Chicken feet
Hey Toby - when you get home go to a really good dim sum and order chicken feet the right way!! You probably would of been fine if you didn't eat the talons! Your adventures sound wonderful - make sure you keep safe and sound. We are keeping up with you. Aunt Jill, Uncle Steve, and Justin

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb