Santa Cruz for my sweet 16th (+10)


Advertisement
Published: April 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Happy birthday to me...Happy birthday to me...Happy birthday to me...

...yes i made myself a birthday candle from a toothpick and a napkin
Unfortunately Santa Cruz turned into a bit of an administration day while we booked a flight and arranged the next couple of weeks and I phoned family to talk to them on my birthday. However, we did fit in a visit to Don Freddo's - a very upmarket restaurant with a 3 course meal for 60p. It wasn't worth it. The waiter came to clear the table and saw how disgusting and dirty the tablecloth was and so turned it over...Only to find that it was even worse the other side so stuck with the first one. Then the food came and the soup was just about edible although Lara had a few eyelashes to fish out. The main course was accompanied by what looked like rice pudding and then the jelly for desert had mould growing on it. What a bargain birthday lunch!!

Luckily by the evening we had done our research into better places in town and we ended up having a very nice meal (yes all we did on my birthday was eat and drink). We then headed out for some drinks with a pair of English Gap Year students and a couple (really mixing with the locals here) who had been on our pantanal tour. I was proud to get free drinks everywhere we went and one of them was a pint of caipirinha - probably our last one now that we have left Brazil 😞 how sad!!

We got home safe and sound and slept until about 11am when we were up and ready for our flight to Sucre - our first stop at slight altitude - 2790m above sea level.

PHOTOS TO COME


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0748s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb