Turning 22!!!!


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Potosí Department » Uyuni
July 30th 2006
Published: September 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

lunch stoplunch stoplunch stop

this was the place the bus stopped half way on the journey to uyuni
this morning we woke up and it was freezing!!!! we open our cards mum had sent us over with ( cheers mum!!!) before going up for breakfast, wasn´t the breakfast we would have chosen to have - more bread and scrambled egg!!!
the others all wished us happy birthday when they saw us which was nice. we knew the day wasn´t going to be amazing as we were going on a bus to Uyuni. the bus was really small and crammed full of people. we all had seats but there were people standing down the aisle. the journey was 6 hours long with a stop at a place we could have bought lunch, but not sure i would have trusted anything there. there was also no toilet so that involved a trip to the bushes, lovely!!! when we got back on the bus we realised how much it smelt - was really nasty as there were so many people on board and it was really really hot!
we eventually arrived in Uyuni and it was really cold!!! our hotel was nice and all the room looked out onto a courtyard room which had two stone llamas in!!! we were quite excited with our room as it was the only one which had both a tv and a cd player in. turns out actually that the tv was in a bracket on the wall but there was nowhere anywhere near it that it could be plugged in, and the cd player would only play cds upto track two or three, then it said there was no disc - very useful!!! we did manage to have a nice hot shower though to warm ourselves up, hadn´t had one the previous night as it really didn´t look safe!
we headed out to a pizza restaurant which Bryan had told us was pretty much the only place to eat. he was probably right, uyuni is a really small village, nothing much there at all!!!
pizza at the restaurant was good and we had some wine. the guys on our tour had all bought us a chocolate cake and they turned all the lights off and brought that out with candles on! had to have an early night as there is nothing else we could have done!!!
we did see a band playing and some people dancing when we were walking back from the restaurant so
salt llama outside our roomsalt llama outside our roomsalt llama outside our room

Nic and Kim on the llamas
we watched them for a while, found out later that we were supposed to have taken off our hats to them. kinda glad we didn´t know that as we would have frozen without them!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

salt llama outside our roomsalt llama outside our room
salt llama outside our room

Rhian on the llama
sunsetsunset
sunset

i know theres lots of powerlines but the sky looks nice!
BryanBryan
Bryan

our tour leader in his ridiculous hat he always wore, even when the sun was out!
Us all in the pizza restaurantUs all in the pizza restaurant
Us all in the pizza restaurant

Our birthday night out Gill, Tim, Nic, Kim, Rhian, Jo, Caz and Katie.
our hotel roomour hotel room
our hotel room

our room in uyuni


Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0762s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1mb