Tupiza and the land of Butch Cassidy!!


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Potosí Department » Tupiza
April 29th 2007
Published: April 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yeeha and in to the nice warm cowboy country!!!

A fun and early morning chasing buses around Uyuni, trying my spanglish, freezing on the bus a couple of stops in random places, we arrived in Tupiza. It was sooooo good to walk around in short sleeves again!!!

We booked our horse ride with two girls we met on the bus - Moran and Ayelet - we were to endure 7 hours on horse back at the mercy of a 15 year old guide ha ha!! And how long since any of us had been on horses.....?oh well....

It was an awesome day in the sun, in the beautiful surroundings but pretty much on the painful side when we had finished!! all of us had aching butts, backs and groins, but was worth it - we even managed to trot lots and even canter at one stage (even though I was shouting stop to the guide as he gee´d the horses on some more!!)

My horse was so greedy it just wante dto stop and eat all the time, so I named him Munchies, sals was lazy but would randomly trot when it flet like it, Morans just liked to be at the front and Ayelets just like dto chill at the back!!

we stopped at a beautiful canyon - so red, and then we had a great lunch spot right next to teh river - so pretty. We met another groups guide who was only 11 years old, we suddenly felt lucky ah ha!!

My horse decided to go across part of the river that no one elses wnet through...too deep and it dint know whether it should swim or walk, soi it stood still and splashed its leg in the water, I seriously thought it was going to rear up and I woudl lose my camera in the water.....but luckily I managed to lead it to the shallow bit again...my heart was racing!!

The last hour was sooo painful, Miguel kept harrassing our horses to trot so we would get back on time but we were all soo in pain!!! We made it back, limped off our horses and made our way for a much deserved beer!!

We spent the next day deservedly chilling with the girls by tehir pool, sipping rum and coke and sun bathing!!! mmmmm!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

me n munchiesme n munchies
me n munchies

ironic that i get the greedy horse....


Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0154s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb