Salar power!


Advertisement
Published: May 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was our earliest rise yet with faint hangovers and pitch black bedroom, we managed to get packed up and move on by 6 am. The hostel only has electricity for the first three hours when you arrive in the evening, so that you can buy a hot shower or charge your camera, which was more than the hostel from the night before had. We had the early start so that we could see the sunrise over the salt flats (Salae de Uyuni) which due to our slightly later than planned start; we only just got to in time. We then moved onto the fish island where we spent hours amongst other people making silly photos using perspective. This island was also covered in thousands of cactus.

We reached Uyuni by 3pm and our guide took us to a hotel which he recommended. After finding out there was not hot water, we moved on to a cheaper hostel, where we did get hot water, but only one shower per person per night. This was still great because we hadn’t showered for 3 days now, and were seriously beginning to smell. It was Pablo who found this great place, so we went out with him for dinner and beers later on, when we found plenty of ingenious was to communicate. He urged us to revisit one day to San Pedro and promised us with all sincerity, “mi casa es su casa”.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

The weird oneThe weird one
The weird one

The cactus looks strange too


Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0916s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb