Some updates


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » Yungas Road
January 11th 2008
Published: January 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hola todos !

I wanted to update you on the weeks since New Years as I only wrote about the Inca trail in the last blog.

The Intrepid tour started in Lima on Dec 28 with 11 other persons (6 from Australia, 1 Kiwi, 2 English, 1 Dutch and 1 Russian). We started with two days in the Peruvian Rainforest where I saw some more monkeys and enjoyd a very luxorious lodge (we even had a swimming pool !). The river was much larger than in Ecuador, so a different Amazonian experience this time.

For New Years Eve we had all moved on to the beautiful city of Cusco (where Claire, our English tour guide, lives). We celebrated midnight at her bar The Muse, overlooking the city (so we could see some fireworks from the big square - nice to be in the far distance as they go a bit crazy) and then a few of us went on to a club to dance.

After the Inca Trail we had one more day in Cusco for a bit of shopping or sightseeing and then it was time to head on to Puno and Lake Titicaca. A bit grey and cold the day we visited the Taquile island (famous for the knitting men !) and the floating islands. Then off on a bus ride to get to La Paz in Bolivia, crossing the border and getting our stamps in the passport. La Paz is very similar to Quito in its high altitude (3.600m) and its location in a valley. We had a free day last Thursday so Rachel, Claire and I decided to head to ¨Death Road¨ where you mountainbike 65km with an altitude change from 4.600m down to 1.000m. I can tell you it was a change of climate along the way... A great experience !!! And we all survived 😊 The traffic is no longer running on this road - apart from on the paved road the first hour - the new road was finished about a year ago, so the name doesn´t really reflect reality (it was all depending on your speed...)

Am in La Paz airport right now where we are awaiting our flight to Sucre (3 hour delay, so good time to update my blog !). We are heading down to the Salt Lakes shortly after this, lots of nice things to see still !

Hugs to you all,
Marie













Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Great view after the ride !Great view after the ride !
Great view after the ride !

Lunch before heading back to (rainy) La Paz
With a little help from my friends...With a little help from my friends...
With a little help from my friends...

Bus on detour from highway


12th January 2008

januari
Hej Marie Har inte skrivit så mycket men hösten har varit hektisk. Allt bra här hemma, vi bor fn i täby centrum då man bygger om vårt hus. Ingen vinter ännu att tala om idag +5 och massor av regn. Julen var bra, var i varberg hos petras föräldrar - huset skulle ha blivit klart i slutet av dec men när så inte var fallt åkte vi söderut. Petras syster från shanghai var hemma så vi fick lite barnvakt.... Du ser ut att ha jättekul och jag är sjuuukt avundsjukt. Några spännande romanser, du brukar ju vara bra på att finna nya killar. ...ha kul och så hörs vi! Mats

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb