Day 18 Puno to La Paz


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
June 16th 2013
Published: June 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Left the hotel just after 7am and went down to the bus terminal. We had to go the long way to La Paz as they were apparently holding a strike. It was quite a pretty drive. Drove around the Lake for a lot of it. Stopped at the boarder and had to go into 2 different officers to get things stamped. Then walked up the hill about 300 metres into Bolivia and then into their immigration department, another stamp and the a 20 minute ride into Copocabana. We thought that they had copied RIo but apparently the beach in Rio is named after this town. We had lunch and then got onto a Bolivian bus for the rest of the trip to La Paz. There were lots of people in paddocks stomping on potatos. Apparently they dry the potato and then stomp opn themas part of the drying process. CouldnĀ“t quite work out what the stomping did. The out skirts of La Paz was very dirty with rubbish dumped everywhere. The bus stopped at the top of the hill looking downon the old part of La Paz. Checked into the hotel and then went for a quick walk around the witches markets. Went to a Thai restraunt for tea.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb