city life in la paz


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
July 7th 2006
Published: July 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

again this if from a few weeks ago.

We treated ourselves in la paz and were staying in a hotel with a tv in the room with 100 channels which for back packers is complete luxury!!!! 50 bolivanos per night which is like 3.50 per night, sooo cheap great news.

We awoke early the day of the podmore festival as the bands started playing from like 8am in the morning, fireworks bands and people everywhere!!! The parade was very colorful and we drank loads beers in the sun!!! Everyone payed different money to get their seat, typical boliva, skank the gringos!!

The area of La Paz we were staying in is full of market stalls everywhere, lots of gringos and lots good bars and cafes and restaurants. However still very smelly and typical crazy Boliva. Went out to the pub one night 2 see a local looking through the rubbish to see what he could get to eat (I imagine) and then later coming home to find someone peeing on the rubbish and then later someone else looking through it for what!!!! yuk yuk yuk, this might give u an idea of what or why boliva smells so bad!!!! Out for dinner one night, in a good restaurant and I am in the toilet and this very very very drunk bolivan woman pees under her big skirt in the restaurant!!!!! During the parade witness this band member peeing in his trupmpet or sax or whatever it was, peeing into where the sound comes out and yes so that means the pee comes out the mouth piece and as soon as he is finished peeing, he starts playing straight away again!!!! Only in Boliva!!!!

Lots of clubbing where we were lucky to meet some very rich locals who took us to the most amazing parties, in pent house flats over looking the whole of la paz with some of the most amazing views that I have ever experienced in my life!!!! *obviously no camera out clubbing!!!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb