lake titicaca


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

copcabana


again a late entry so hope i can remember.....

Got the bus from La Paz to Lake Titicaca and of course it smelt just as bad as normal in boliva, awful!!!! And it was full of locals who absolutely stank and made it worse but thankfully my good old nose does not seem to take long to get used to the smells. The journey started well but as usual when the bus leaves from the departure point ], more locals jump on and sit in the isles!!! Half way to copacabana everyone is ordered off the bus, as the driver has to change one of the tyres. This takes ages (as u can see if u look at my photos) as not everyone gets off the bus and the driver is only a small ish man!!! However after about 45 minutes of banging around and help from other male passengers we are all ordered back on the bus and we drive off!!! Then again we are ordered of the bus, which we have no idea why and as usual in south america have to guess what might be happening!!! What is happening is the bus must cross the lake on a barge type thing and we must pay an extra one bolivano to cross on a boat and get back on the bus at the other side!!! At the other side we begin to have to stop to pick up local woman who have been selling their goods (oranges whatever they have) and are returning home for the night. All of these women are all always dressed in the typical dress with their hats and many of them are chewing coca leaves and smell and look so terrible!!!

We arrive in copacabana to be harrassed by around 10 local little boys looking for us to stay in their hotel.

Watched the Ozzie brazil game with load of ozzies and got very drunk and watched the sun set over lake titicaca.

Copacabana is a great little place to spend time chilling out and eating lots nice trout!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb