la paz


Advertisement
Published: May 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Spent 2 days in Cochabamba, not very eventful ones though. There isnt much to do there but it was nice to break the journey between Sucre and La Paz. We went out for drinks with the french guys again, this time to try the local speciality maize beer. The ´bar´ that we went to was pretty nasty, we had to shake a cockroach off the table before we sat down! the beer came in a huge jug and it looked a bit like orange juice. it smelled pretty nasty though and didnt taste much better. after a few mouthfulls the french guys told us how it is made, the locals chew the maize until it ferments a bit in their mouth, then spit it out. we were drinking saliva. yummy.

we got the bus to la paz on friday and arrived here friday night. have been exploring the markets a little, the witches market is insane, especially the dried llama foetuses. they are meant to be lucky if you bury them under your house. people keep trying to sell us tiny glass jars with coloured bits in, apparently magic ammulets that will bring us money, houses, cars, happiness and love, all for one boliviano!

we had our first spanish lesson today and have booked a 10 hour course. just finished our homework which was actually pretty tough! our lessons are with another english guy called ed who seems nice.

no other news i dont think, we are here till sunday, then cycling the most dangerous road in the world to Cororico. Should be interesting since its a while since either of us has been on a bike!

xxxxxx

Advertisement



3rd May 2006

Magic amulates
Makes you wonder if they are so lucky and the seller has so many why they need to sell them. Must be purely alturistic.
5th May 2006

BIKE RIDING
PLEASE DON'T FALL OFF YOUR BIKE. DON'T LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT ROAD AT ALL! AND DON'T DRINK ANY MORE SPIT, I'M SURE ITS NOT GOOD FOR YOU XX

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb