Back to La Paz to do our chores


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
December 2nd 2008
Published: December 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 613 (1.12.08)

Bleary eyed we aririved in La Paz at around 6am. Unfortunately as it was too early for anyone in La Paz to be awake we decided to go to our old hostel to see if we could hole up there until life in La Paz resumed its daily buzz.

As soon as things were opening we went out for a snack breakfast from the market before hitting our list of chores. After a productive day where we finished our shopping and had a trip to the post office with a heap of birthday prezzies and treats for us, we decided on staying the night in La Paz rather than taking our second consecutive night bus.

Relieved that we were to have a static bed and happy with the prospect of a good night's sleep we joined some of the other chaps in the hostel in a trip to a local Gringo boozer to watch the Liverpool v West Ham game over a pint - we could have been in England!

Day 614 (2.12.08)

Waking much more refreshed we had a lazy day pottering the streets and a long stint on the internet trying to get the blog more up to date. We realised that it is now December and in an attempt to feel Christmassy stopped off at the Christmas stalls and bought a few trinkets to decorate our packs. Very classy I'm sure you'll agree!

Later, after yet another torrential downpour we managed to just dodge, we once again pulled on our packs and made the journey to the Bus Terminal. We had the rough times for buses, but hadn't got one booked. As we arrived we found one that had the engine running already to go, bought our tickets, paid the terminal tax and left straight away.

With fully tarmacked roads, the bus felt like luxury compared with our last experience, however as night drew in we realised that everyone else on the bus was pulling out coats, blankets, hats etc. Oh dear. We had come slightly less prepared but pulled on everything we had brought with us as the temperature dropped and we tried to stay warm.

Settling in for the night we also found that our bus had a young chap with ADHD sat in the seat behind us who decided on a couple of occasions to come over and tap us on the head waking us up and saying in spanish "Were you asleep? Are you tired?" the little shit bag!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.28s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 37; qc: 147; dbt: 0.2022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb