Bolivia (Missed out Peru in Blog)


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
June 19th 2008
Published: June 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Okay so i have been terrible at keeping up to date, but most of you know where and how i am by email etc. im in La Paz Bolivia and having a great time, been to the amazon jungle and in Peru we did Lake Titicaca and one of the many highlights of the trip, machhu picchu which was spectacular. The trek was amazing, 5 days of just unbelievable scenary and then the place itself didnt dissapoint. We have met alot of great people and it hasnt been just us 2 travelling for a long time. Peru had a lot to offer and the beer was amazing. we went to a footy match in Cusco and then ended up out that night drinking with the team which was interesting, trying to tell someone in a nother language that they are only good enough to play in the conference at home is a killer. the nightlife in cusco was great and the whole of peru was a great experience, the haves and the have nots really do pass each other in the street without a flinch.

In Bolivia the standard of living is so cheap that is great for us. La Paz is a strange city where cocaine is the topic of most conversation. its an good place to spend a few days but i think we have been here to long now, due to roadblocks and that Bolivian passion for a protest, we cant leave. Hopefully argentina tomorow though.

We went the World Cup Qualifier between Bolvia and chile which was a great game and so cheap, got the shirt and facepainted etc. also seen Indiana Jones here which is an aweful film, but has a lot of the places we have been in it.

Okay so short and sweet to let you all know im am okay etc. home in 6 weeks all being well so see you all then

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb