Halloween Bolivia Style


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
November 2nd 2007
Published: November 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

CopacabanaCopacabanaCopacabana

View of the harbour from the view point
So took a bus overnight to Puno (last stop in Peru) and then carried on after a couple of hours wait to cross the border. All went very smoothly, only took like 20 mins. Then on to Copacabana. Lovely little beach town, still quite touristy but nothing on Cuzco. Spent the rest of the day sorting stuff and got a boat first thing the next day to Isla del Sol.

Worlds slowest boat ride over the blue-est lake, 3 hrs later arrived. Missed the begining of the trail and just hike straight up the hill for the view. Well worth it, even though it is at 4000m, Amazing views of the lake surrounding the Island. Walked along the ridge and then back down the other side.

We were going to stay overnight and have a relax but just decided to get the boat back and then go straight to La Paz.

As the tourist bus only left once a day, got a local bus. Was pretty uneventful until we pulled into a little village and then a police man got on and told us all to get off. The only word we understood was danger. Got up to
Isla del SolIsla del SolIsla del Sol

View over the lake from the ridge! Big ass lake!
get off the bus but then the bus drove off with a few of us still on it. Bit worried! Drove staight for the lake and then onto a boat (which can only be described as a big raft). Then off we went across the lake. Bus was swaying all over the place, thought it was going to topple over many times. Fortunately made it in one piece, only to be greeted by another angry policeman who wasn´t happy that some people were still on! Not suppose to stay on the boat for obvious reasons!

Anyway got on our way and then arrived in La Paz around 9pm. Such a lovely view over the city with all the lights as we drove down into it. Checked into a horrible hostel and crashed.

Next day went to move to Loki. the ´party hostel´of La Paz. Had a wander round La Paz with was a lovely city, very lively! Also went into a barbers to get a beard cut, was so strange having someone do it for me! And kept scaring myself everytime i looked in the mirror!

Spent the rest of the time in the hostel bar, so
Isla del SolIsla del SolIsla del Sol

On the top, hiding from the sun. 4000m, so hot and yet so cold, hard to explain!
cheap in Bolivia! Also had a halloween party which was really fun, loads of people dressed up, good effort! Painted myself with face paint (well make up), looking pretty scary! Met loads of people, definately worth going to a party Hostel every now and again.

Jesse departed the next day, and I got a plane ticket for tomorrow (Friday 2nd). Going to Rurrenabaque with a couple of Canadian girls (Carrie and Kailey) , jungle time again! wooo!

After buying the flights wasnt feeling too good after the halloween party, meant to go to bed but got some food from the bar and ended sitting there for the next 12 hrs, oops! Met a load of Irish guys, turned into a bit of a party, all day drinking! Only 10 bolivianos for a 660ml beer (70p!!!!).

Woke the next day feeling pretty bad. Went to the Coca museum, very interesting and then went to look over La Paz from the Mirador. Then off to the Airport! Jungle Boogie Part II.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Typical Reed BoatTypical Reed Boat
Typical Reed Boat

Sitting in the harbour
World's slowest boatWorld's slowest boat
World's slowest boat

Back to Copacabana
Bus BoatBus Boat
Bus Boat

can just about make out a lorry on a 'boat'!! Blurry due to the excessive rocking!
HalloweenHalloween
Halloween

Jenny, Me, Carrie and ?
Jenny & JesseJenny & Jesse
Jenny & Jesse

Party time - mainly for Jesse!


Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb