Finally in Bolivia


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
October 6th 2007
Published: October 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

View from the window - if you break your neck looking leftView from the window - if you break your neck looking leftView from the window - if you break your neck looking left

Morning Fresh! Looking out the window this morning and cranking the neck round 790 degrees to the left there was a lovely view!
We finally made it... yes we are in La Paz!! And it´s soooo nice to be out of Lima!

Touched down about 4 this morning and got a taxi down into La Paz - It was amazing. La Paz is 4,000m above sea level and the airport is at 4,500m so on the drive down the whole place twinkles with street lights. We would have asked the taxi driver to stop for a piccie, but thought it best to leave him conentrating on the task in hand!

After a few hours sleep we were up and awake to the sound of horns, arguing and general city madness. We went for a walk around to get our bearings, but due to the altitude we had to sit down every 5 mins to get our breath! After fending off some street shoe cleaner sporting a friendly balaclava, who was trying to convince me it would be worth paying for him to shine my open toe sandles (well done!) we walked through the higher class end of town with no such riff raff to hassle us.

After a spot of lunch we descended on the Coca Museum... It was really cool,
Fiesta DancingFiesta DancingFiesta Dancing

Before you ask, yes, I have purchased myself some fine local threads for Friday night... Oceana will never be the same!
and very informative. Many, many interesting facts to bore you all with but don´t worry... i can´t be assed going over them all at the moment - but just think about the origins of your coca-cola next time you crack open a can... it wasn´t always just caffine in that you know (anything after 1914 and your safe)!

On the walk back to the hostel we got caught up in some sort of Fiesta madness that i can still hear booming outside. We have some great photo´s which should be attached. Pauline, is now up stairs sleeping it off... its hard work watching these Fiesta´s you know!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Shake that booty!Shake that booty!
Shake that booty!

Fiesta in full flow right outside our front door!
5, 6, 7, 8!5, 6, 7, 8!
5, 6, 7, 8!

Lord of the dance seemed to have all the ladies following his every move... Must have been the fetching yellow one piece silk suit that did it!
in the words of the great sean paul... All De Ladiesin the words of the great sean paul... All De Ladies
in the words of the great sean paul... All De Ladies

Streets were filled with old and young alike dancing away... mean while the streets were lined with old and young alike getting plastered on local drink... You may call it beer but it didn´t look like it to me!
Pauline after watching the crazy FiestaPauline after watching the crazy Fiesta
Pauline after watching the crazy Fiesta

Its hard, god damn work, watching these fiesta´s!!
Room with a viewRoom with a view
Room with a view

The Fiesta down the steet as seen from our bedroom window
Moon ValleyMoon Valley
Moon Valley

On a day trip in La Paz we went to the Moon Valleye - random rock formations.


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb