The Tropical Yungas


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » Coroico
October 8th 2007
Published: October 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Room with a viewRoom with a viewRoom with a view

This was our view from our hotel room.
Hi there!

Today we made our journey to the tropical valleys known as the Yungas or ´Beasty Heaven´as Steve calls it! We were planning to get a bus with all the other locals but when we turned up a guy was touting the bus companies offering a lift for the same price in his 4 x 4. Steve decided it would be good to go with him, but I was not sure that he wouldn´t be a mad axe murderer - turns out he was just trying to make some money and he took us all the way to our hotel in Coroico. He used the new road to drive on but in some parts it did not seem new, it was quite bumpy and in some parts falling away on the hill side - still we made it.

Our hotel is very nice with a pool and our room has a balcony that looks over the hills, the only problem is the insects. Moths love it out here and seem to gather outside our room on the wall that we have to walk past or rather run past at top speed!! Mosquitoes have also been a problem, Steve
Room with a view 2!Room with a view 2!Room with a view 2!

Looking out to the mountains from our room
has got about 20 bites on him and I have a good 11 or so but we keep perservering with the jungle formula in a bid to win the battle against them!!

Since arriving here we have relaxed by the pool and eaten quite a lot. We ventured into town but it took us all of 5 minutes to fully explore it on foot! We hoped to do some moutain biking whilst here but have found that you can only do it from the La Paz end, so we are going back there on Thursday to do the biking on Friday.

Tomorrow we are planning a walk to the waterfalls that supply the village with their water, which should be a sweaty affair as it is boiling out here.

love Pea and Steve x


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Lazy DaysLazy Days
Lazy Days

It's hard work travelling!
Urrghh!!Urrghh!!
Urrghh!!

That wine is a little sweet!
Oh My God!!Oh My God!!
Oh My God!!

Look at the size of this beast! Luckily for me, it was the other side of a glass window.
Look at all these beasts!Look at all these beasts!
Look at all these beasts!

Outside our room was awaiting a terrible, terrible sight!
Same room, same view.Same room, same view.
Same room, same view.

It was amazing though!


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb