now in La Paz


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
May 20th 2007
Published: May 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Cuzco-La Paz...ish



Cuzco-La Paz...ishwell after the inka trail we spend a night in cusco and were headed copacabana in bolivia so we grabbed a bus the next day (18th?) headed to puno... on route kyle was pretty sick so we decide to spend the night in puno and head to copacabana the next day...
On route to puno we headed though juliacajust a few days berfore this ...

we still feel safe as this was isolated but are now more conscious of the potential dangers around us... but anyways we are all ok...

so...puno was ok but a grewat place to explore the uros or reed island from.... the island are pretty unique but are made into a very touristy place... but worth it as they are undescribably cool...

off to copacabana that night which was an uneventful trip but stange how we all got off the bus and had to walk across the boarder...

so country #2.. boliva... our first impressions were great copacabana is a great town and cheep too!.... we got a nice place on the lake with a view for only 5 dollars a night...

the next day we went over to the isla del sol... which has a great story behind it as it was where the inkas believed that the sun came from... the island itself was a bit of a let down as there ´tour´ had no guide so we just walked a trail from one end to the other...

after one more night we left for la paz and after about 3 hours including a crammed ´ferry´ we made it to la paz the highest capital city in the world... we haven´t done too much here just walks of the city including the witches market where we could by llama foetuses... for good luck... we were all tempted but weren´t sure how to get thençm across the boarder so we didn´t get any...
we were going to go on the most dangerous ride in the world down to coroico... but decide on saving some money to splurge later in the trip...

we are in la paz until about 8 tonight when we head down to uyuni and the salt flats... we are all excited but will be out of touch for a few days... well everyone back at home enjoy the lnog weekend and keep in touch...

salute...

Lyle



Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb