At the Copa Copacabana


Advertisement
Published: July 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ok finally found my photos from the next few towns so can carry on with my blog.
Went to another Copacabana, this time on the banks of Lake Titicaca in Bolivia. The trip there was eventful as ever, rushed on the bus after a hectic morning to then leave an hour late. Darren experimented with some bizarre biscuits and had to give them away to the newspaper seller and the bowler as they were so disgusting.
After a few hours we arrive at a lake, not the one we were expecting, and have to get off the bus. We all got on a small boat, for a fee, and the bus got on a floating platform across the lake. We join up again on the other side for another hours journey.
We are dumped in the main square, as all towns have one, and can´t be bothered to find the hostel where Paul and Simon are so just go to the first cheapest one. Settle in and off around town. It´s tiny so we bump into Paul and Simon in the street and go for a drink. Then meet later for dinner but the suggested place is freezing so we move to one with a fire. The waiter service is terrible and we have to write our own orders down then at the end he has forgotten them all so we have to write our own bill...
The next morning we get up for an 8.30 boat to the islands. First we stop at the Isla de la Luna for an hours walk around the ruins. Then onto Isla de la Sol where we are shattered so have lunch and lay in the sun. Glad for the heat as it was freezing all morning and all my warm clothes were in the laundry, I had such a concoction of clothes on Andrew couldn´t stop laughing, all day! Finally we trek to the top of the island and see the view from the other side, stunning, but then I get sick from altitude again so back down to catch the boat back to the main land. Try for a night on the town but everywhere has to shut at 11pm so a few drinks then back to bed.
All buses leave the same time so it´s a rush to fill our bus as everyone needs to pass passport control at the same time! We check out of Bolivia and into Peru, eventless!! No dodgy payment needed either!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.383s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb