Copacabana - Nice Lake, sunburned face


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » Copacabana
October 14th 2009
Published: October 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

An early bus, booked all on our own now we were off the tour took us to Copacabana on the shore of Lake Titicaca. Stunning little place and we managed to get a brilliant room overlooking the lake.

The sun was shining, and there ain't much to do around there, so we basked in the glorious weather and sampled the local food & drink. Got a bit drunk and forgot to put suncream on, burnt face. They love the set menu here, so for £1 you got a 3 course meal & a drink, albeit a soft drink, but bung in a few extra pence and a beer arrives. We spent the day going from place to place enjoying a few drinks, then we took some beer up to the rooftop terrace overlooking the lake, and put some music on. Suddenly we heard our names being shouted and saw coming off a boat our old tour group, seriously, can't get away from them.

We arranged to meet that night for some food as it was one of the girls birthdays, another set menu, food wasn't great, but we enjoyed some happy hour cocktails. They all snuck off early, so
Maradona & NaniMaradona & NaniMaradona & Nani

...or maybe Jacko?
we went in search of a good pub. No chance, really quiet place, but we did find a pub with a pool table and got well & truely hustled off a couple of locals. Daft pool table, the pockets are the same width as the ball, its nigh on impossible to pot......... unless you grew up playing on a rubbish table like that, they obviously did!

We were gonna go on a cruise to the Island of the Sun the day after, but speaking to a few people it didn't seem worth the effort, so we climbed a big hil in town. Seriously not looking forward to Machu Picchu, this was a ten minute walk up hill but i was lay down at the top for ages trying to catch my breath....this altitude is hard!

After that we watched another live United game at a good local place, and had a few drinks. We'd ran out of Bolivianos and Copa has no bank, so we had to call it an early one, ready for the bus over to Peru in the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Bolivian ShowersBolivian Showers
Bolivian Showers

Multiple electric shocks with every use


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb