On the farm


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone

We are putting lots of pictures up today, check out the webshots page! Not a lot is going on today, but yesterday we had an exciting day.

The kids had a holiday from school, so we all piled into the van (yes, ONE van) and went to the future site of the orphanage. It´s about 30 minutes from Cochabamba, outside of a small town on a couple hundered acres of land. The houses are still in construction, and there´s not much of a farm yet, but it´s beautfiul land. A river runs through the property, too. Ben, Mariel, and the rest of the kids all walked up the dry riverbed to some waterfalls that were just barely trickling. Despite the lack of water, we had a good time. It was a nice, warm day and we didn´t get too hot without water. There were a few minor injuries throughout the day, but nothing that required a hospital visit! We were happy to get out of the little half-mile radius of Cochabamba that we´ve been in for days now, too. We got to see some Corpus Christi festivities (or at least rock blockages because of them), and some police with tear gas launchers on motorcycles... pretty exciting, I suppose.

We´ll be here for another few days, probably until next Wednesday or so, and then we´ll start making our way back to Lima to meet Mark, Kris, and Aaron.

Love, Mariel and Ben

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0736s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb