recovering and having fun in sucre


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Chuquisaca Department » Sucre
October 25th 2006
Published: January 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

bolivian fashion in sucrebolivian fashion in sucrebolivian fashion in sucre

I don't want to know what the shop-keepers were thinking when we made our funny foto-shootings...
Back from the Yungas I got a cold and felt quite sick being back high up in the Andes again. From La Paz I took a bus south to Sucre - the capital of Bolivia. Situated far less high than La Paz this city is easier to handle, also because Sucre is much smaller and less hectic.
The first 2 days I spent mostly in bed trying to get rid of my cold. On the 3rd day Katha and Miri arrived in Sucre as we had planned it before leaving La Paz. We went out the same evening and got quite drunk - the following day my cold was gone! :-)
The next days we spent hanging around in Sucre doing not much more than nothing... We discovered excellent choclateries and restaurants and trying all the funny bolivian cloths and hats we could find in the artesania-shops stroling around...
The only excursion to an archeological site with ancient dinosaurier-footprints turned out to be a boring and expensive tourist-trap, but we made the best out of it!
And apart from the fact that Miri's bag with money, mp3 player and camera got stolen while we were eating - we had an absolut excellent time together doing nothing! Best greetings and besitos to Berlin!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 86; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb