Sucre


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Chuquisaca Department » Sucre
December 2nd 2006
Published: January 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

SucreSucreSucre

Some random little town where we broke down on the journey to Sucre
Sucre is just another city really in which I settled for a few days without anything too interesting to report.

Sucre however standing at 2904 metres above sea level is the highest capital city in the World but some books may contradict this statement and say that La Paz is the capital. After independence Sucre was apparently made the capital. (Yes I wish they would make up their mind as well)

The journey to Sucre from Uyoni was 11 hours with 8 hours being along what has to be the worst road ever. (So I thought until I saw the death road!). With no tarmac and just a dirt stone track around mountains you jigged that hard that by the time the bus stopped your whole body was still vibrating……and as per usual we broke down!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

SucreSucre
Sucre

Yet another demonstration to add to the others that I have seen in South America.
SucreSucre
Sucre

The same demonstration
SucreSucre
Sucre

Our driver/mechanic fixing our Mercedes Bus (Look close Iit really is a Merc)


19th January 2007

transport
OK so Nat i am not sure whats going on here we can never get you on public transport back home but now you only travel if the vehicle is delapidated and has a pit stop for several hours whilst they replace the engine ..... gal hire a beeeeemmmmaaaaaa!

Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb