A tropical place


Advertisement
Published: August 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

La Paz to Rurrenabaque


Rurrenabaque Rurrenabaque Rurrenabaque

In a restaurant
Rurrenabaque is a little tropical town, really tranquil, and is totally different from the Altiplano high mountain area of La Paz.
Cars are not common here, and people usually travel by 2 wheels - bikes or motorbikes.
It lies in Bolivia's amazon basin, and from here people organize pampa and jungle tours to see some nature and wildlife.

The way I got to Rurrenabaque was not unusual - an airplane. What was unusual was it's size - it was definitely the tiniest airplane I've ever flown in - just for 19 passengers.
The airfield in Rurrenabaque was interesting as well, as it was not of concrete but of grass!

In Rurrenabaque, besides the jungle and pampa tours (about which I'll add a separate entry) I've also enjoyed canopy, which is basically an omega from one tree top to the other, at about 40m height. The adrenaline was great, as some of the passes are really fast, and you sometimes can't even see the next platform so you've got no idea where the ride will end.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Rurrenabaque Rurrenabaque
Rurrenabaque

In a restaurant
CanopyCanopy
Canopy

The view from one platform. Where's the next one?
CanopyCanopy
Canopy

Getting ready for the next platform


Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 91; dbt: 0.0784s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb