World Tour of Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
March 24th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

written by Miss Wendy O

Question: How many photographs can one take of waterfalls and butterflies?

So after a very comfortable 18hr bus journey we arrived in Iguazu. Now I know the bus journey sounds aweful but I can´t express just how comfortable these buses are. Your seat reclines to almost a horizontal position, you´re greeted with champers on arrival and fed and entertained with movies. I of course slept like a demon all the way and Stuart ... well I think he got a few hours kip in between twiddling his thumbs and getting bored.

We checked into a really kool hostel with a swimming pool and really offensive Brazilian dancers (don´t ask). Actually really looking forward to checking back into small village guest houses again to get a better taste of the local culture and not one that has been forced and tailored for backpackers.

Anyhoo the falls. Yes the falls. Dare I say it, I think Stuart and I have become waterfall snobs. Don´t get me wrong, they were very kool but no where near as grand and impressive as Victoria Falls. We had a really fun day hanging out with Mark and Sylvie and took an obsene number of photos. The waterfalls were home to thousands and thousands of beautifally coloured butterflies too.

OK wrapping up the waterfall chat ....

Stuart and I are having a chill out day by the pool today then head down to Cordoba in Central Argentina tomorrow. It´s another 20hr bus journey but we can´t wait to get ourselves lost in the Argentinian countryside where we can do some fun outdoors stuff....



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Wendy, Mark and SylvieWendy, Mark and Sylvie
Wendy, Mark and Sylvie

Our friends from Vancouver - has anyone seen a waterfall around here?
The boat that goes under the fallsThe boat that goes under the falls
The boat that goes under the falls

We did the boat ride and got a wee bit wet....
Camen in the riverCamen in the river
Camen in the river

A 10 foot monster, that hasn't eaten any tourists... yet....


24th March 2007

Ist dis our schtop?
We are from Victoria ya stupid English gits! Hope you've had a good trip to Cordoba. Our trip back to BA was good (thank God for airconditioning) and we have almost finished our song... :) Salud!
24th March 2007

Brazilian dancers
I'm asking...
26th March 2007

What is with you and the butterflies? Have you been in the sun too long? We need to talk.
30th March 2007

butterflies
Ohhhh Miss Wendy O-Butterfly - you look so super in that picture. I am v.jealous... I hope you didnt step on any... and the weather looks soooo fantasitc !!!!! I want to be where Wei-wei is... I want to be where Wendy is... I want - arrhh crap, another urgent payment - gotta go !!! * fei *
9th April 2007

G'day Wendy, this is the most amazing world tour ever! The blog is great and it is fun to track you around the globe. Cool pics too
24th April 2007

hay how ya doin? you look like your having a fantastic time. im so jealous its my dream to do something like that. your pics are amazing. hope your both well. take care and look forward to seeing more pics soon. lots of love stacey and martin x

Tot: 0.54s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 21; qc: 103; dbt: 0.2939s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb