We´re at the end of the WORLD


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Tierra del Fuego » Ushuaia
November 26th 2006
Published: November 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

View from "H" Island Beagle ChannelView from "H" Island Beagle ChannelView from "H" Island Beagle Channel

Chilean Fire plant and the snow of the 5 Brothers
Arrived in Ushuaia yesterday afternoon, checked into our lovely wood cabin in the forest. Bedroom up some lovely wooden stairs, cut straight from a tree (slightly tricky trying to climb them in the dark though).
Then headed for dinner. Found the restaurant in our guide book, called Kaupe, which was winner of the Gran Premio Mejor Restaurant 2005. Food amazing, unfortunately the prices were too. Not quite what the guide book quoted. I headed straight for the king crab (been waiting for it since the start of the trip) It was lovely, so was the freshly baked rolls. Leon ventured for the sea bass cooked in parchment paper in a champagne sauce. He also was in heaven, especially once his dessert arrived as well (more champagne sauce in that :o)

Headed back to our cabin early to make sandwiches ready for todays boat trip to a sea lion and Rock Cormrant colony. We were on a 13m sailing boat, with just 9 of us on it. Very pleasant and very still (luckily). Still very cold!
Sea lions were great and some big males with their ´harem´ of females. Unfortunately at the time we were there, they were being very lazy,
Happy familiesHappy familiesHappy families

Sea Lions and Cormrants in the Beagle channel
so saw no swimming (photos hopefully to follow).

Off boat and headed to lunch with an english couple we had met on the trip. They had sold their house and quit their jobs, for a year away from england......

Tomorrow we are off to another national park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Just sitting aroundJust sitting around
Just sitting around

Rock Cormrants of the Beagle channel warming their eggs.


26th November 2006

it all sounds amazing. I get more jealous each time I read what you have been up too.

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb