´dust´anyone ´dust´ anyone?


Advertisement
Published: October 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Balls!Balls!Balls!

These are the round balls created so by the wind.
Everyone has left the hostel! We are all alone!
Yesterday we just relaxed and chilled by the lake and of course went for a walk. This place is red hot, it´s not rained for 7 years, hence it´s the desert. This is beginning to be a problem for the locals, the river is dry yet they still hose their little bit of grass and paths!
We are still here because we are waiting for more people to come so we can go on 2 trips. You see the more people the cheaper the taxi to the parks as no tours in south america provide transport, very odd.

Well today we went for a walk to find a museum, 9km away. Half way along a van pulled up and asked us if we wanted to go to the Valle de la luna (the park we want to go to) he mentioned our hostel in the middle of his goobley gook but we said no as we didn´t fully understand. So off he went. The road was too long so we turned back. 10 minutes later another van pulled up in this van was Marcos, a member of staff from the hostel, he tells us some girls have arrived and do we want to go to the park today at the same time the first guy told us. So we jumped in and went back to the hostel. When we got there it turns out that Chris (member of staff) had sent the first guy out for us! and we told him we didn´t want to go when we have been waiting for 3 days to go! Must have thought we were loco, crazy!
Anyway there were 2 irish girls here so we went with them.

Valle de la Luna turned out to be really cool. A geologist paradise, so I loved it, but we didn´t learn anything about it cos no one spoke english! Argentina tries to promote itself for tourists but only speaks spanish!
We went round the park on a bus and stopped off at 5 designated stops all with different names. We saw a submarine, mushroom, chicken and some perfectly round rocks (see the photos)
There were no birds there, little vegetation, but we did see 3 wild lamas.

We got back (and we had requested a bbq 2 quid each) and there were more people at the hostel. We had loads of meat and beer and wine. We stayed up with the staff, Marcos, Chris and Lucio, very funny and cool people, until 2am. Wanted to stay later or go to the ´night club´that is a a concrete shed that holds 400 people! but had to be up for 7am to go to the other park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The StaffThe Staff
The Staff

Luchio, Marcos and Chris!


Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 31; qc: 131; dbt: 0.1412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb