Day 29 - Salta


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta
February 7th 2009
Published: February 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a long 12 hour bus ride we finally made it to Salta. When we got to the bus station we were surprised to realize that everyone was staring at us, children and women included. We were by far the whitest and blondest girls in the place. We couldn't wait to get out of there. We waited for about an hour to get our Salta-San Pedro ticket (I think I already mentionned companies have random open hours). We were quite relieved that our suspicious bank transfer to the bus company worked out and got our hang written bus ticket. We went to San Lorenzo to do horse riding. We rided across several nice gorges and learned the basics abotu horse-riding. We also had a beautiful view of Salta, San Lorenzo and the mountains from a « mirador ». We took the bus back to Salta to take the « teleferico » (lift) up to the mountains. From the top of the mountains we had a really nice view of Salta and of the mountains around. We then ran to our third and last destination; a sort of artisanal market that the information desk recommended us. Elena wanted to buy so many more plates and cips that I had to convinced that carrying these things is not practical when we're travelling from one city to another. We both found a hand made lama wool shawl that costed us about $15. We thing we're going to make a lot of people jealous. We went back to the hotel and spent some time walking around the city before having dinner. Elena and I bought more hand made earnings, necklaces and bracelets that costed a few dollars each. We also visited Salta's two famous churches and got there right in the middle of the mass.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0838s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb