Day 234 Argentina, Cafayate.


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta » Cafayate
July 10th 2015
Published: July 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hey Bloggers,



As it was cold we lay in bed all morning, just reading and using the Internet, we got up to grab the free breakfast though (bread, jam, coffee, juice).



For lunch we went to ‘la casa de empanadas’, an empanada restaurant, which had 12 different ones for 80 pesos, they were Buenisimo!!



We bumped into one of the girl’s who was working in the Loki hostel in Salta, we chatted for a while and left her as she was heading back to Salta that night.



We then walked 3-4 km to the vineyards that were circled on our map from the hostel. We couldn’t find one of them and another didn’t do any wine tastings so that just left one to do: Quara Finca. It was free at least but we had to go on a Spanish-speaking visitors tour first (we just wanted the wine!). We tried a red and a white, which were so good.



In the afternoon we chilled out reading with all the pets from the hostel (a lot of dogs everywhere). We watched the film “Divergent”, it’s from the Veronica Roth books, and the film was so good. Neil is currently on the third book in the trilogy, and I am definitely going to start reading them!



In the evening Choripan was on the menu cooked by the hostel owner- a typical chorizo sandwich they have in Argentina. Then we watched ‘Supernatural episode 2’ it was a little scary L.



We had booked up our bus from the local bus station, we found it was very expensive, 220 peso’s to get 5.5 hours to Tucuman, we had to go to Tucuman to get the next bus to Mendoza as we couldn’t find an 18 hour direct coach.



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.308s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 72; dbt: 0.105s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb