Day 235 Argentina, Cafayate to Mendoza Via Tucman


Advertisement
Published: July 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,



We had to check out of backpackers in Cafayate by 1030, we stayed in the warmth of the room until as late as possible. We had the normal free breakfast of bread and jam. (Sick of it)



The owner is cool and said that, as our bus is not until 1400 we could store our bags in the hostel until we wanted to go.



We decided to go to the cheese factory, Cafayate is famous for its “Cabra de queso” (Goats cheese), it was 15 peso’s to try around 8 different cheeses. I love goat’s cheese but Neil is not a fan as much, however he really liked them as they were very creamy and not dry like people think. (Also we only got charged 10 peso’s instead of 15…love a bargain)



We caught our bus at 1400, and well what can I say we had 6 hours of reading and watching another supernatural before reaching Tucuman. The journey however was beautiful-over the mountains and winding roads through picturesque country towns. The town Tafi del Valle looked especially enchanting!



Here we got lucky and managed to get on a bus leaving straight away at 19.30, it was really expensive 750 peso’s to get to Mendoza but we were happy as there was no waiting plus it said it would be 800 pesos online and other places wanted over 1000 peso’s.



This next part is a 12-hour journey; they gave us dinner, which was cold beef and a sweet cheese, egg and ham sandwich. I was soon asleep Neil like normal can’t sleep well on these buses, so he watched 5 episodes of twin peaks.



We will pick this up again tomorrow when we arrive in Mendoza.



Love V&N xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb