Day 233 Argentina, Cafayate.


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta » Cafayate
July 9th 2015
Published: July 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi Friends and Family,



We had a chilled day today, it was the 1816 Argentinian Independence day celebrations today so everything in town was closed including most of the wineries.



We went into town for lunch and to watch the horse parades. They were pretty impressive all dressed up in the old 1816 outfits, there must have been well over 300 horses all with women, men and children riding them in formation and cantering.



We got lunch from one of the food stands at the parade, we got beef and pork sandwiches, and both were amazing. We walked around the shops (well ones open) and looked at all their different arts and crafts; Vick loved all the hand woven baskets and clay pottery.



In the hostel we found a new friend, a stray ginger and white cat, she wouldn’t leave us alone and the owners tried to get rid of it but it kept coming back. The dog even tried to eat it but it’s a fighter and scared the dog off, it’s only about a month old I think and very cute!!!



We had pizza for tea cooked by the owner of the hostel. Toppings included goat’s cheese (it is in cheap abundance here), salami, vegetable and four cheeses. We also had a bottle of wine each for dinner; only 40 peso’s (£2.80) for two bottles, which were really good. Then after dinner we watched the Pilot episode of a new series for us called episode “Supernatural”. It was scary!



Night all,



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0706s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb