Biking and barreling down a river in Bariloche


Advertisement
Published: March 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

You lucky things...its another double whamy for yas. As we may have mentioned we are now back in Argentina, in Bariloche. We wanted to find a party town to relax in for a week and enjoy St Patricks day and we have definitely found it. This is a really nice place on a large lake to one side and Mountains to the other. It is a very flash ski resort in winter...with evidence of Argy decadance all over the shop.
There is lots to do...so we decided to do some outdoorsy type stuff....being the fitness freaks that we are.
Sunday we rented mountain bikes and cycled the local circuit of 30 kilometres around a lake. Well... replace ´mountain´ with shit and ´cycled´ with panted and mostly walked. The view was beautiful...if not a little blury through the tears that were in my eyes. Some say the birds sound quiet nice too...but we couldn´t hear those either over the wheezing. The downhills were good though.
We met a really good bunch here...one of whom accompanied us on the bike ride. Embarrassing that somebody had to witness that really.
Anyway...him Bastian (german) and a very funny aussie chick, two ever so polite brits and a dutch girl decided to go rafting the next day....provided myself and Col still had use of our legs. Surprisingly we did and so we went yesterday. Really really good fun all in all. The River is quite low now so not as scary as I would have liked, but maybe thats all the better..cos the photos of high river look nuts. We all stayed in the boat.
Our hostel provides free dinner everynight...but after 3 of those we are going to treat ourselves and head out tonight to try the local speciality..Wild Boar. I say we...probably just Colie will be eating that one.
And that´s it for now. Of course St Patricks day is tomorrow. I hope you are flying the flag Gar and Andy and heading into town for 12! We have been gathering people and convincing others to extend their stay to be around for it. We have managed to get the Barman next to our hostel to agree to let us have his bar for the day...we are off out to get decorations now, so it should be good fun. Have a great one though, try not to drink too much. We´ll post pics of how it turned out as soon as.
Slainte.




Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



20th March 2009

Hey Guys
I just read all you posts there and I have to say I'm delighted for you and a little jealous. It sounds fantastic, so keep the news coming. All good in Oz, Dowly, Fiona and myself will have a bed for you where you arrive in here. Ciao Babies, Conor
25th March 2009

Missed You
Hi Collie, Sorry I missed your phone calls. I was actually there for each one but just as I got to the phone it clicked off. Glad you didn't forget you had a mother on Ma's Day. Everyone fine here and missing you loads. Hope you are both still enjoying yourselves, it look's like it from the photos but I don't like the dirty feet much. Keep safe Ter.

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb