Iguazu Falls - Part 2


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
February 1st 2010
Published: February 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

The day after we visited Iguazu Falls we decided to take a lazy day in which I also wrote my last blog. We lazed by the pool all day and soaked up the sun. Unfortunately I did not prepare myself well enough for this and proceeded to get badly sunburnt. That day as usual it did not feel too bad but the following day unfortunately it popped up nice and red!!!
The following morning we packed up the tent and got a lift to the bus station. We then made our way safely and quickly across the border to Argentina (Puerto Iguazu). We knew we were gong to the Argentine side of the falls this day so were in quite a rush!!
When we jumped off the bus we were in two minds on whether or not to bus it to the campsite outside of town or pay a bit more and go to a hotel. We were then approached by a kid working for local hostels who turned out to know a small campsite right in town for only 2 dollars a night. We said "Take us there" and 30minutes later we had tent up surrounded by loads of hippie Argentines who were all very friendly.
We quickly made our way back to the bus station and hopped on the next bus to Iguazu Falls which took around 45 minutes to get there. This day was hugely quieter than the previous day due to the fact that the weekend had finished. The heat on the bus and for that matter off the bus was unbearable. It was at least 35 if not 40 degrees. The humidity I dont think could get any higher.
We got to the falls and it was beautiful. The Argentina side allows you to get right up close to all the falls and you get a completely different perspective to the Brazilian side. I guess that why you need to go to both sides. The one downfall is that you get completely soaked. This might not sound bad but with the humidity it is impossible to dry and your skin just stays wet and sticky but was amazing none the less.
Towards the end a storm began to arrive with small bouts of thunder. This was followed ten minutes later by a gigantic downfall of rain. Within 5 minutes we were absolutely soaked to the bone. I quite enjoyed it but the rest of the people in the park didnt seem to share my enthusiasm for the rain.
We then had to make our way back to the campsite where our tent had started to cave in due to the heavy rain. Luckily at this stage it had not started leaking again but sure enough in the middle of the night the rain drops arrived on our heads!!
The next day we had to head to the bus station to make our way to Uraguay!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb