Overnight to Iguazu


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Iguazú National Park
September 2nd 2009
Published: September 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Gallerias PacificoGallerias PacificoGallerias Pacifico

Upscale shopping mall in BA
Argentina buses rock! Señor Snapper endorses them whole heartedly. When you book Cama suite or executive, its first class all the way. The seats recline completely, you get individual tv monitors, they serve you wine and champagne and meals at your seat. Our 20 hr bus ride from BA to Iguazu was pretty comfortable. Señor Snapper made himself right at home!

Arrived at Iguazu around 1:30 and headed straight to what turned out to be a luxury hostel. Before we´d even put down our bags, Leah had us booked on a jungle adventure - rapelling, zip lining and hiking through the jungle. Unfortunately Señor Snapper didn´t fit in the harness so he didn´t get to go on this particular adventure.

The rapelling took place on a 12 metre high waterfall. You drop off the top of the waterfall and walk your way down. About 3/4 of the way you´re right in the waterfall, getting soaked. It was a blast. Meanwhile, we got put with a group of twenty 15 year old girls on a school trip - you can imagine the screaming and singing and excitedness that was going on around us...
Next we hiked through the jungle (the guide trying unsuccessfully) to keep the girls quiet by scaring them with stories of large snakes and spiders.
The zip line was over 800 meters long and about 20 m suspended from the ground. I´m not that fond of heights but once I got off the platform, it was fantastic zooming through the jungle. When we go to the end, we watched the girls smacking into the final platform since they didn´t pay attention at the beginning about how to slow themselves down. It was pretty entertaining.

We headed back to the hostel for relaxing and dinner. Drinks out on the patio and relaxing by the pool. We have an older woman in the room with us who insisted on going to bed at 7:30 so we´re killing time before headin back to the room for an early night. First thing tomorrow - Iguazu Falls!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb