Chè and the Virgin of Guadaloupe


Advertisement
Published: December 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

OOPS!!OOPS!!OOPS!!

I was so busy reading the sign...
OK, I'll revise the previous opinion...yes, its pretty speccy...justifiably one of the 700 natural wonders of the world..the Cataratas of Iguacu!..They have it in 5th place, just above Niagra, on the list of the World's top waterfalls sign in the park....but they don't mention Salto Angel which we know is the highest...?..and on this side (the Argy side)they have miles and miles of steel walkways..all very cool and surprisingly unobtrusive...that is if you can build anything in a tropical rainforestpristine bushland without being a tad intrusive...so you wander all around and get fantastic views of the falls...and the falls go on and on and on...At the special viewing spot for this really big part called Throat of the Devil...theres a largish older woman at the rail...she's hacking and coughing like about to cark it...going on and on...real smokers cough...Grant and I mutter under our breath...throat of the devil..and crack up...
So we've now seen the devil's spine, mountain, bend, and now throat...
You don't know what you've got etc etc ...like breakfast...what happened to breakfast.?..it had become such a normal part of the brasilian day...where ever we were, no matter how dingy or dodgey, every morning a spread of fruit, juice...I
Bike camBike camBike cam

Chè and the V of G
think I've already told you about them...a couple of kms away, over the border...and nada...crap coffee and a couple of stale croissants...saudadè ..the lovely brasilian word for a sort of sadness, more a longing..you just gaze off into the distance..beautiful...
So here's some pics of what I look at all day.....the dashboard and the road ahead....and if you look closely at the front-on shot you'll see a small Virgin of Guadaloupe Guatemalan doll wired to the headlight grille and a Chè sticker on the tank...alls I need is a sticker of Rupert or Donald or Gordon Gecko to provide the third leg of the philosophical trifecta.
And some shots of the foz of course...
Its 6.30 in the am at the El Rip-off Hostel, but thats another story...off towards Buenos Airies and trying to be as light and easy on the tyres as possible...see you all in a week or so...


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Bike camBike cam
Bike cam

What I look at all day
IguacuIguacu
Iguacu

Foz, Falls or Cataratas
IguacuIguacu
Iguacu

Foz, Falls or Cataratas
IguacuIguacu
Iguacu

Foz, Falls or Cataratas
IguacuIguacu
Iguacu

Foz, Falls or Cataratas


Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 20; qc: 104; dbt: 0.185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb