made it to mendoza


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
November 27th 2008
Published: November 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So sorry its been a while, I've been lazy. After we left El Chalten we went on a bus ride for 32 hours which was kind of horrible but went by in a weird blur. Then we made it to Bariloche which was a great city with a beautiful landscape of mountains, lakes, and wildflowers everywhere. Also, the region bariloche is in is the only place where they grow hops in argentina apparently so they also had a good bit of great locally brewed beer.

We went on a great hike up to a place near the top of the mountains where there was a little house with a kitchen that we could cook in, while we camped outside. It was right by a lake which somehow still had ice on it even though in the day the temperatures were well into the seventies with plenty of snow still around as well. Really beautiful place to camp. So then we made it back down to Bariloche and rushed onto a bus to mendoza where we finally made it. This bus ride was by far the best because apparently the patagonia buses are rather bare bones. We got a meal and played bingo and had coffee. We also brought like a liter of wine to share to make it a little better as well.

So tonight i guess we will try to have an asado (argentinian bbq) and see what we can see today and tomorrow before I head to Uruguay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

refugiorefugio
refugio

a cool little refuge built into a rock along the trail if you donĀ“t want to camp at the top


7th December 2008

Photos
So up until now the "nice bay" was my favorite photo, but now it might be "halo" - that is an amazing shot! You should blow one up and frame it for me for my x-mas present - hehe.

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb