Argentina


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
July 30th 2005
Published: July 30th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Im here!!!!!
sitting in the hostel, suffering ever so slightly from a mild hangover. Playing ring of fire with wine is never a good idea. So the trip over here was horrendous, i had 3 hours sleep in 2 days. flight from Newcastle was delayed an hour, then flight from Heathrow was delayed 3 hours due to the engine being broken (!) we all eventually got ushered onto the plane where we sat, without air conditioning, for another 2 hours while they continued to fix the bloody engine. We could have flown to Madrid and back again in all that time! So due to all this, we missed the connection to Buenos Aires, had to sit on a bus at Madrid for another hour, before eventually being ferried to a hotel (called Trype - rather apt) it wasnt too bad, decent breakfast and the best shower ive ever had, but like i said, 3 hours sleep. Back we went to the airport, and managed to catch a midday flight to BA. Miraculously, our bags were there waiting for us. Met a cute little man holding up a sign saying ´Emilie y Lisa´, im now Emilie here, havnt got the heart (or language ability) to say they´ve spelt it wrong. The taxi ride back was terrifying, literally driving with centimeters to spare, narrowly avoiding hitting pedestrians and cars alike. Still, finally got here in one piece, met some other travellers and Adriana. Got my teaching schecule - im gonna be teaching doctors in a hospital! Ha! get me! plus the usual schools and homes. The other people here all seem really nice, still early days, going to La Boca soon with a few people, its a port area with brightly coloured houses done by the sailors who docked and all painted their houses with different colours they had left over. A lot of the people here are leaving really soon tho, which is a shame. im probably at the start of a whole new influx. Anyway, all this writing and looking at a screen is not doing my poor struggling brain any favours.
right, thats me. love you all, miss u all.
tune in soon for the next thrilling instalment!


Advertisement



31st July 2005

Hey Smithers! Great to hear you're well and that you're safe and sound in Argentina, after all that flight hassle. I don't know if I can ever play Ring of Fire again after ruining myself with cheapo, Bulgarian wine in Sunny Beach, but then again I am ridiculously hungover right now, so who knows, eh? ha ha ..... Take care, hon! Mack xxx ps; Jo sent me the BEST Maximus pics ever ..... will try and scan them for you, he hee!

Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0809s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb