Ashram (Eco Yoga Park)


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
September 4th 2011
Published: September 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ashram (Eco Yoga Park)



This eco ashram was located about an hour away from Buenos Aires and was run by Hare Krishnas. It served only vegetarian/vegan food (mostly from its own organic garden) and did not allow meat, alcohol or caffeine. We arrived in the middle of the ashram’s 10 year anniversary and the place was packed with Hare Krishna’s, and quite frankly we wondered just what the hell we had got ourselves into!

We got our own mud hut (for the most part) which was very cold at night and much to Tory’s delight had a drop toilet rather one that flushed – the smell came through the floorboards into our room!

Our daily itinerary was: 8am breakfast (preceded by a dawn meditation and chanting session if we so wished!), 12.30pm meditation and music therapy (imagine myself and Tory cross legged in front of the alter chanting Hare Krishna!), 4pm yoga (we could hardly move after day 7!), 6pm snack followed by movies with the other volunteers/visitors and a yummy dinner at 8pm.

The longer we stayed the more we enjoyed it, we met some great people including Gilly and Phil who we originally met in Mendoza and Matt (who was simply incredible). We helped out in the farm, adopted two dogs (Bert & little cow) and the sun even came out! All in all an amazing experience but saying that we did really enjoy a nice hot shower, flushing toilet and a warm room when we made it back to BA!

Hare Krishna
Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna
Hare Hare

Hare Rama
Hare Rama
Rama Rama
Hare Hare



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Leaning tower of pizzaLeaning tower of pizza
Leaning tower of pizza

From another angle he was dangerously wonky...
The garden lifeThe garden life
The garden life

Note: Only evidence of Matt ever working in the garden!


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb