Bogota and Solento


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Bogota
September 15th 2011
Published: October 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Bogota and Solento - Colombia



We flew into Bogota from Buenos Aires, one big city exchanged for another huge one! We only spent two nights there visiting the Ore museum and taking the cable car up to the top of Mt Monserat for a view across the city.

We took an eight hour bus (plus a collectivo and a jeep!) to Solento, in La Zona Caffeteria – very hot and very hard to hang onto your seat when going over the mountains (think the interactive cinema at Granada Studios Tour (RIP)). We stayed on a farm (La Serrena) in some lovely countryside and met some really nice people there.

Our highlights of our stay were: the hike through the Valle De Cocora (huge wax palms and elusive humming birds); eating Danny and Meagan’s tomatoes and potatoes; the washed out BBQ with beer chicken; and eating fresh grilled trout and soup with banana in it! Mostly food related minus the coffee – yes we managed to go to the coffee zone and not visit a coffee farm!

Guilty pleasures: you guessed it, food – home made brownies and smoothies every morning at La Serrena.

Travelers tips: buses have toilets and stop for food, sitting in the front seats equals more leg room but also a greater chance of death!



Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Tory heads to confession ......Tory heads to confession ......
Tory heads to confession ......

"Tory we are only here for 2 days!!"


Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0679s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb