BUENOS AIRES


Advertisement
Published: April 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

La BoccaLa BoccaLa Bocca

colourful, revamped town...heart of tango
hola!!
i can´t believe im in argnentina!!!
...they arleady think im south american...on the plane, i learnt how to say water(agua) and other things just from the steward speaking to me...it seems my olive skin can pass me on anywhere..

lesson learned' if you enjoy eating, do not fly with aerolineas argentinas...i was starving!!! and the food was shit! luckily i was sitting next to a girl named angela that had snack food...a greek girl from sydney who was going to meet her boyfriend in uruguay...
this company needs updating!! i was watching a small screen 5 metres in fron t of me...where they played ¨the legend of zorro¨twice in the same flight...and a chic movie' ¨pride and prejudice!!! arrghh!!

another lesson learned...when under stress..any spanish that you may know goes out the window...people don´t speak english here...and i was umming and urring trying to get my pathetic attempt at spanish across...not sure what i can say...however i got taught by the girl on the flight how to say ¨eat me¨in spanish...so got that down packed¨!
i finally get to my hostel which is meant to be the ¨hang out¨...but unfortunately they decided to cancel my reservation cause i
Plaza De MayoPlaza De MayoPlaza De Mayo

Latin culture with European influence
get there 2:30 instead of 2pm...found this ultra cool hostel in centre of town which is more like a home ...everyone chilling...met alot of people...

BUENOS AIRES- one of the best cities in the world...beautiful culture, full of life, history and full of beautiful people....they truly get u drawn in with their cafe and all-so-cool culture!!
...did all the touristy things- went to la bocca (a run down area that has been revamped in vibrant beautiful colours and nows serrves as heart of tango)..oh tango...such a sexy dance...will be going back there to learn it!!! saw the baclony where evita sent her famous emotive speeches to her argentinian people...went out with local aregntinian girls for dinner...amazing how quickly u can pick up sapnish when ur forced to!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Dinner with ArgentiniansDinner with Argentinians
Dinner with Argentinians

called Portenas- as BA is bordered by a harbour!


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb