Boca Juniors vs Quilmes A.C


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
March 13th 2006
Published: March 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Wanted to watch a soccer match in Brazil but since it was the Carnaval period, there were no soccer matches on. Moreover, after all the misadventures, we didn´t want to further traumatise ourselves by going to a stadium with rowdy crowds. So we decided to go to the next best alternative, watch a soccer match in Argentina.

We watched the match between Boca Juniors (supposedly a pretty famous team here) vs Quilmes A.C. The stadium is located in the La Boca area, which is supposed to be a more dangerous area where one shldn´t wander ard, so we decided to join a ¨tour¨ where a guide will pick us up from hostel to bring us to the stadium and escort us to our seats. The stadium is pretty ´´log´´ but it´s ard 5 storeys high and the seating capacity is almost equivalent to National Stadium, if not bigger. The best thing is, the stadium is almost full with fans from both teams & of course some tourists like us. It´s only like a S-league match but the stadium is filled with so many ppl. Not that I´m a soccer fan, but I really enjoyed the match for its atmosphere. As it´s home ground for Boca Juniors team, naturally, the stadium is filled with many of their flags, banners etc. There were also Boca Juniors merchandise like jerseys, bandana, flags sold. The fans can actually sing and cheer for the entire evening, non-stop. Their support for the team were so contagious that even for ppl like us started to join in singing and cheering with them. Though it was a really windy and chilly evening, the enthusiasm did warm us up a bit.

How I wish we can get that in Singapore. Maybe Team Singapore can come up with a song/ cheer for us to sing when we support our national team.



Advertisement



14th March 2006

I'm a football fan and you are really lucky, I've always wanted to go to a match in Argentina, but I live far away and can't make it there at the moment. Yes, Boca Juniors are one of the biggest clubs in Argentina and are one of the most famous teams in the world. Football fans in Argentina are always so passionate. When you say 'Quilmers AC' I think you mean Club Atletico Quilmes. :)

Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0812s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb