Hola! Bueno Aires


Advertisement
Published: March 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We´ve finally got out of Brazil safely and arrived in Bueno Aires (BA) in a luxurious business class coach. The seat allows u to recline to almost horizontal and they provide water and coffee at all times. Dinner is inclusive and is served in pretty classy restaurant, the kind with waiters dressed in shirt and vest. We had a 3 course meal with free flow of soft drinks, beer, wine and champagne! After dinner, the bus captain (or shld I say the bus steward) served sweets and liquor. We were joking that maybe breakfast will be served in the morning, and the next thing when we woke up, the bus captain came with trays of snacks and coffee. Cool huh? Oh yes, we must also thank the 2 kind souls from the States whom we met earlier at Iguazu Falls and coincidentally, they took the same bus ride with us to BA. As our espanol still CMI, it was them who helped us decipher what the bus captain was trying to tell us to do at the bus station, at the immigration and at the restaurant. They also kindly helped us carry our super heavy bags up the bus and took care of our bags while we visit the loo. Quoting them, it´s their pleasure to be polite to women. Maybe gay men are really nicer.

After we arrived in BA, we did nothing, just enjoying our leisure stroll (plus some shopping of course) around town. This is the first time we really walked leisurely, cos for the past few days, we were always walking as fast as we could to get to our destination, looking left and right, hoping no one is following behind us. So far, quite like Bueno Aires 😊 Things are cheap and people are quite nice too. Hope it´ll remain this way. Oh yes, I´ve found my sunglasses replacement. It´s an Oakley but it cos ard S$100 only, hee... I´m happy again. & Thanks folks for showing some much concern for the past week. Gan dong.





Advertisement



8th March 2006

free flow of wine and champagne..i also want...seems like argentina is a much friendlier place than brazil..
8th March 2006

Maybe gay is the in-thing now, after brokeback mountain is screened n started winning Oscars... haha... I also need a vacation!! Maybe one as long as urs, haha!!
11th March 2006

Oakley!
Wah, 'Gan-Nah-Sai'! Only S$100 for an Oakley, that is cheap man...\ Made me realise how much profit the shops at Queensway makes hor? But very happy that you got a replacement sunglasses, as fellow-lasik-survivor, it is so weird to travel around a good pair of sunglasses hor?

Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0866s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb