It all starts in Argentina


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
August 7th 2009
Published: August 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So we´ve (Juliet and I) arrived in Argentina for a few weeks of touring. Not really sure what to expect but I´ve wanted to visit Buenos Aires (or BA to the stylish locals) for a good many years and it won the lucky dip when we spent an afternoon in the travel section of Borders a few months ago.

Well I´ll start this all off with a pat on the back for Air France for transporting us in style (no champagne aperitif on British Airways as I remember), they even provided the essential tacky romantic comedy to keep me quiet.

Anyhow there´s only so much you can write about sitting still for 13 hours so I´ll move on to arrival in BA. First impressions are of a stylish place (we´re in Palermo) but which seems a little quiet (though like all good things it turns out that BA comes alive after dark). We´re staying in a great little place called Home which it very much is ... all understated style with distinctive touches (camomile with your breakfast orange juice anyone?).

We took a tour around the centre, some nice colonial architecture but most importantly the balcony from which Madonna sang her heart out in Evita. Then out for the first steak of the holiday and a bottle of the waiter´s recommendation at Don Julio. Both set a very high standard for the rest of the trip.

Only minor complaint being the disappointing lack of darkly brooding Argentian women. Though I stress the minor, it being a hol with my gorgeous girl who has been showing a bit of leg today to the delight of the vocal locals.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.255s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0707s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb