Sorry we haven´t written for a while. Here goes...


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
December 22nd 2008
Published: December 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

So...I believe the last entry (by Allie) was about our cultural day viewing Christ Redeemer etc. & since then there has been not a lot to report other than the mass consumption of alcohol by the both of us, egged on by a truck load of Irish & Ozzies to boot! Its all a bit of a crazy blur but a few things that stand out since our first week here would be the following:

The Attendance of 1 amazing Favela Funk Party complete with crazy mini-cab death ride both there & back with Irish songs being belted out, a coolbox full of Smirnoff & the possibility that at least 1 of us is now with child as there was so much sex in the air in that place - it was quite a violation on the eyes some of the moves the local Brazilians were pulling!!!

A trip to the rather rainy (but equally beautiful regardless) Ilhe Grande, where we chilled out basically, a bit of swinging in hammocks as one does when one is a traveller & on another day we went on an amazing Indiana Jones stylee trek through the shrubbery - the Merrells have been truely christened now! Also saw our first Aligator & have obviously lived to tell the tale!!! On the con side of things on Ilhe Grande - Allie aquired a lovely shiner from, I believe, play fighting in a rugby stylee with an Ozzie - Todd, who came off fine funny enough - no shiner for him!

Next, a long journey to include the Ferry back to the mainland, a 7 hr bus to Sao Paulo & to finish off, a 15 hour bus ride up to Iguazu Falls - we are now fully fledged Brazilian Bus connosaurs (spelt right?!) The falls were monstrous & there were a lot of wows and oohs - almost as many as 1 would encounter on Fireworks night - if not more?! Was sooooo tempted to get into 1 of the little pools but as no one else was I realised that the seemingly tranquil pools of water were perhaps not as they seemed that maybe we escaped certain death by avoiding the desire to swim & instead just wandered to the end of a platform about 15 metres away from 1 of the larger falls & got suitably drenched - no need to shower that evening!

Because we love buses so much now, we jumped on another (16 hours) & have headed down into Buenos Aires now...this bus was much better, if only for the simple reason that it wasn´t complete with leery locals! We even got coffee & food (wierd mix of chicken, ham, egg, cheese, tomatoe, potatoe - basically every food type going- was guuurrrd!!!).

We are now contemplating venturing to a zoo here in Buenos Aires, as Helen has obviously been subject to a deprived childhood, having never been to one (to the best of her memory) - parents, if you are reading this, you have failed me miserably - never mind Disney, Centre Parcs, etc., its all about the zoos!!! (Only joking parents - Dad, please dont cancel my account with the Bank of Dad after that little outburst!)

We are also seriously contemplating showing our faces amongst the rich & famous at Pacha Nightclub, possibly on Christmas Eve, which is very unfestive of us right but never mind, we don´t feel all that festive right about now! Having said that...Merry Christmas to all, have a wonderful time with your families as we will be missing ours greatly!

Ok, well, as far as condensed updates go, I dont think that was a bad one. We shall write again, with not so large a gap inbetween next time, oops!

Muchos loveos to all

x x x x x








Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb