Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
September 27th 2008
Published: September 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have now seen the Falls from both the Brazilian and Argentinian sides and they are truly amazing! You get a grand overview from the Brazilian side and the sheer scale of them is awesome. From Argentina you can get really close and can stand at the top of the biggest drop, Devils Throat which is fantastic. It certainly lifts your mood being at the Falls and when you are standing at the top with the full force of the water beneath you it feels like you're on top of the world! We spent two days trekking around the trails where we were constantly amazed by another another impressive sight or waterfall we hadn´t previously seen. The rainbow that forms in the water is magical too. I don´t think my photos will ever be able to do them justice! We also took a boat trip around the base of the Falls and the boat drives straight into the water where you get well and truly soaked, great fun though!

After Foz we moved to Peurto Iguazu in Argentina with a relatively troublefree border crossing which is always good! We stayed in a really great hostel (Hostel Inn if you are ever in that part of the world), I have stayed in worse 4* hotels, we had a great room and there was a huge pool so with the welcome return of the sun I was in paradise! It was so nice to chill out after some long bus journeys and there was a good bar in the evenings too. We also went out for our first steak of Argentina which was worth the wait!

Yesterday we arrived in Buenos Aires, our bus was delayed so we had a delightful 20hour journey! A particular highlight which must be mentioned was the dinner (served at 10pm at which point I was really starving!), it looked like an innocent swiss roll on the outside but when I tooked in my taste buds rebelled and I just about stopped myself from being sick when I realised the nice sugary sweet swiss roll was filled with tuna, mayo and sweetcorn, truly, truly revolting!!!
Buenos Aires from what we have seen so far is pretty cool, think Im going to really like it here! We have been strolling round the parks and markets in the sun today and taking in some sights. The weather is beautiful again, it amazes me that it is so hot outside and I have seen no-one else in the city wearing anything close to a vest top, only winter coats and big boots, I´ve had some strange looks! As its Saturday night we are going out later and just debating whether to go to Pacha tonight to meet up with some guys we met in Puerto Iguazu! Think we´ll see where the night takes us!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb