Santiago


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
October 4th 2008
Published: October 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are now in Santiago, Chile sadly leaving Buenos Aires after a fantastic week. We did indeed spend an enjoyable Saturday night in Pacha and met up with all the guys from Puerto Iguazu who are a great bunch. Unfortunately the fact that we only left the club at 6am kinda wrote off my Sunday, in fact Im very ashamed to say it but I never left the hostel all day, the fact that the torrential rain had returned and it was cold and dark didn´t help! Jon being much more lively than me bought me some takeout pizza and then went out without me returning some time the following morning! (apparently I missed the best steak in Buenos Aires, typical!) Our daytime sightseeing from then on in BA was somewhat hampered by the rain and bad weather but we did manage to get round most places in the city. Its certainly got that something about it and even in the rain its vibrant atmosphere shone through. It would be a great place to stay and study Spanish if we had the time.
We flew to Santiago on Thursday which was a real luxury after all those bus rides, our flight was cancelled 5mins before we were due to board but luckily we got another an hour later so that wasn´t so bad. We weren´t sure what we would think of Santiago as we´d heard alot of negative reports but we´ve found it to be a very friendly, welcoming city so far. The locals go out of their way to help you. We have expored most of the city now and there are some great sights and parks to explore, yesterday we climbed San Cristobal and had panoramic views out over the city with the snow topped Andes in the background and took a cable car back down. Today the sun is shining again and we are heading for an outside beer now! We were taken to a Salsa club by the guys from our hostel, one of whom is a teacher so I had some lessons from him. Id love to say I was a natural but I think not! Great fun though, I may have some lessons back in the UK, who knows!
I am so excited now to get to New Zealand, we will be zipping round the country fairly fast to get in what we need to but are planning to hire a cool little campervan, can´t wait! We fly Sunday, arriving Tuesday after losing a day in the time difference!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb